GLOBUS 2018: Italian Mosaic (LI)
13 days from Rome to Rome
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a special welcome dinner at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, drive to the Roman Forum and visit the amazing COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites for those who wish to see it all. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||Travel to Pisa and take the traditional picture pushing back the legendary Leaning Tower, then on to Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' Tonight is your chance to join an optional dinner to try out Tuscan specialties. (B)|
|Day 4||Florence||Follow your Local Guide to the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS and see Michelangelo's David. Admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's 'Gate of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and see Ponte Vecchio. To enhance your stay, an optional excursion is available to San Gimignano, Italy's most picturesque medieval town. (B)|
|Day 5||Lake Maggiore||Prepare for an exciting day: drive to La Spezia on the Mediterranean Coast and [LF] enjoy your excursion to CINQUE TERRE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including a BOAT RIDE (departures April 3 to October 23 weather permitting) with a Local Guide. The name dates back to the 15th century and is derived from five little medieval villages standing on stony spurs along five miles of the rocky coastline: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. From here, continue by TRAIN and coach to beautiful Lake Maggiore. (B,D)NOTE:Departures October 23, 30, and November 13 overnight in Milan instead of Lake Maggiore. Dinner on Day 6 not included. Lugano and Lake Maggiore replaced with Verona visit on Day 7.|
|Day 6||Lake Maggiore||A leisurely morning with the chance to join an optional excursion to the baroque palace and peacock gardens of enchanting Isola Bella. Later, join a scenic BOAT CRUISE to [LF] ISOLA DEI PESCATORI, where dinner with local specialties awaits you. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Venice Island||Cross the Swiss border and stop in Lugano. Time to stroll along the spectacular lake and on Via Nassa, or sip an espresso on Piazza Riforma. Back in Italy, arrive in romantic Venice and enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT. You may wish to join an optional gondola ride through the canals. (B)|
|Day 8||Venice Island||Highlights of your guided walking tour are ST. MARK'S SQUARE and the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Then, watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. A wonderful optional excursion is available to colorful Burano Island. (B)|
|Day 9||Assisi||Arrive in peaceful Assisi, where your Local Guide takes you for a visit to ST. CLARE'S CHURCH and ST. FRANCIS' BASILICA, built on top of his tomb. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Sorrento||Leave the province of Umbria and turn south to Sorrento. Explore the charming, bayside resort on your own. (B)|
|Day 11||Sorrento||Speed across the bay by JETFOIL to the Isle of Capri. Ride the FUNICULAR to Capri village for a guided visit of this pretty town, visit [LF] the GARDENS OF AUGUSTUS, terraces overlooking the sea, offering a spectacular panoramic view, and taste a granita (semi-frozen drink). Free time to explore the little shops on the piazzetta before returning to Sorrento. Time for shopping and an optional excursion to the Amalfi Coast and Positano. (B)|
|Day 12||Rome||Stop for a guided visit of POMPEII, the Roman city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. This evening, back in the 'Eternal City,' a special farewell dinner and opera entertainment awaits you at restaurant Tanagra as a proper way to say arrivederci, Roma. (B,D)|
|Day 13||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $654Triple room reduction per person: $102Extra nights per person in Rome:Pre tour: in single room $145-$255, in twin $87-$144, in triple $75-$121Post tour: in single room $93-$128, in twin $65-$90, in triple $62-$85
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).