Imperial Highlights with Oberammergau Imperial Highlights with Oberammergau
Brochure Type: Europe Preview 2020
Cathedrals, cobbled lanes, castles and the mighty Danube - this stately sojourn through the imperial capitals of Europe will see you visit Bohemian Prague, the eclectic Slovakian capital of Bratislava, Budapest and Mozart's Vienna and Salzburg. Trafalgar has secured premium tickets for you to attend the once in a decade performance of the Passion Play in the picturesque Bavarian town of Oberammergau.
- Bratislava Visit the capital of Slovakia
- Budapest Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes Fisherman's Bastion, the Church of St. Matthias and Gellert Hill
- Gyor Visit this historical town
- Munich Orientation includes the Olympic Stadium and Marienplatz
- Oberammergau Premium tickets for the 2020 Passion Play
- Prague Walking tour with a Local Specialist includes views of St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Town Square
- Regensburg Orientation includes the old city walls
- Salzburg Visit this charming city, the birthplace of Mozart
- Vienna Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the State Opera House, Hofburg, Parliament and the Imperial Boulevards
- 10 Buffet breakfasts
- 4 Three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply. Please refer to the price panel
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Arrive Munich: Welcome to Munich, capital of Bavaria. After check-in, your afternoon begins with an orientation tour of this exciting city. See the Marienplatz, featuring a Glockenspiel clock and the Town Hall. This evening you might like to soak up the atmosphere with a stein of beer at one of the beer halls, for which Bavaria is world-renowned.|
|Day 2||Prague||Munich - Regensburg - Prague (2 Nights): Travel north to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Regensburg, a medieval gem. Continue into the Czech Republic and it's vibrant capital Prague. Experience this must-see destination steeped in ancient and modern history.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||Prague||Prague Sightseeing and Free Time: Admire the sights of Prague with your Local Specialist who gives a superb account of the city's rich history. See St. Vitus Cathedral, which is set inside the 1,000 year old Prague Castle. Your trip continues across the River Vltava into the cobblestoned Old Town Square, where you see the Astronomical Clock. Spend free time afterwards exploring this fascinating city on your own and shopping for beautiful Czech crystal. Later consider a cruise on the river and view the city from a different perspective.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Budapest||Prague - Bratislava - Budapest (2 Nights): Journey through Moravia in the southern Czech Republic into Slovakia. Enjoy an orientation tour of the capital, Bratislava, which shows you the medieval town hall in the quaint Old Town area. Arrive later in Budapest, a romantic city which straddles the River Danube. This evening you might like to dine on board a cruise boat, while admiring Budapest from the water.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Budapest||Budapest Sightseeing and Free Time: Your Local Specialist shows you the sights of the twin cities of Buda and Pest including the Fisherman's Bastion, Heroes' Square and the Church of St. Matthias. Admire panoramic views of the city from Gellert Hill with free time afterwards to explore on your own. Perhaps take a trip to Szentendre or visit the Parliament building.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Vienna||Budapest - Gyor - Vienna (2 Nights): Cross the picturesque Transdanubia region dotted with orchards and vineyards. Visit the historical town of Gyor, which dates back to Roman times and also has an abundance of medieval and Baroque charm. Later, head north into Austria and arrive in Vienna, a dynamic city with a splendid imperial heritage.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Vienna||Vienna Sightseeing and Free Time: The Hofburg, State Opera House, Imperial Boulevards, the impressive City Hall - your Local Specialist shows you all these landmarks and more during your sightseeing tour of this elegant city. Later in your free time, explore the pedestrian area around St. Stephen's Cathedral and the main shopping street, Kärntnerstrassse. You might also like to visit a traditional Viennese café and sample unique pastries. This evening consider an Optional Experience to a local restaurant on the edge of Vienna for dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Salzburg||Vienna - Salzburg: Follow the Danube Valley past the impressive monastery at Melk. Continue west to the charming city of Salzburg, famous for its musical heritage, and wander through the Mirabell Gardens, which featured in the film 'The Sound of Music'. Cross the bridge over the River Salzach and explore the Old Town, including the imposing Cathedral Square and Getreidegasse, a narrow street where Mozart was born in 1756.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance)||Salzburg - Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance): This morning travel to the picturesque town of Oberammergau where the Passion Play will be performed. This afternoon take your premium seats for this unique and moving performance. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before experiencing the second half of this unique event as night falls.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Munich||Oberammergau - Munich: Leave Oberammergau this morning and travel through Bavaria and back to the capital Munich. On arrival enjoy free time before reaching your hotel. This evening celebrate the end of this memorable trip with your Travel Director and fellow travellers with dinner at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 11||Depart Munich||Depart Munich: Say 'Auf Wiedersehen' to your Travel Director and travelling companions as your memorable European holiday comes to an end. Transfers to Munich Airport are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Hotel Information: Final hotel accommodation will be confirmed in 2019.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,925.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: Europe Preview 2020Cathedrals, cobbled lanes, castles and the mighty Danube - this stately sojourn through the imperial capitals of Europe will see you visit Bohemian Prague, the eclectic Slovakian capital of Bratis...